AwesomePawsForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Online classes now available at Awesome Paws Agility Academy!

Author Topic: Course Design for 'Real' Dogs  (Read 653 times)

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
Course Design for 'Real' Dogs
« on: April 28, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
Registration for this class will begin May 4th.

Many of you may be familiar with Mark Bills, agility competitor and owner of Clip and Go Agility. At Clip and Go he researches how the obstacles affect the dog’s performance on course, striving to produce safe, dog friendly agility equipment. I’m excited to let you know that Mark Bills of Clip N Go Agility is offering scholarships for ten agility judges that take this class!  Here’s more from Mark:

“Clip and Go Agility is pleased to support the efforts of Linda Mecklenburg with her creation of “Course Design for ‘Real’ Dogs”. Clip and Go Agility is offering 10 scholarships to active judges. Each scholarship will be good for 50% off the cost to join Linda’s class. Any agility judge that shares the FB post will be entered in a random drawing for the chance to win a scholarship.”

Thank you to Mark for his generous support. Note: You must judge in the USA (any organization) and you must share the original FB post (don’t share someone else’s share :) ) to be eligible to win a scholarship. The last day to share the post is May 11 (11:59 pm EDST). A drawing will be done to determine the scholarship winners. If you are eligible, wait until after the drawing to register. Winners will be posted here and on FB. Registration for scholarship winners will open May 12.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:09:08 PM by Linda Mecklenburg »

Brigitte Hunter

• Email
Re: Course Design for 'Real' Dogs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »
How can I register for the above class?
Thanks, Brigitte Hunter

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »
http://awesomepawsagilityacademy.com/current-classes/

For future reference, class information is found on the Awesome Paws Agility Academy website (click on "Academy Home" above).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:13:53 AM by Lisa Baird »

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
I'm waiting for Mark to send me the winners!

Those that are on the forum and are planning to take this class, please let me know if you have any specific issues you'd like to see addressed. You can post here or write to awesomepaws@aol.com. Thanks!

Susan Weber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
I registered for the course, but don't see it anywhere on the forum.  Should we see anything yet or not until the 25th?

Lisa Baird

• Administrator
    • Haleakala
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »
I registered for the course, but don't see it anywhere on the forum.  Should we see anything yet or not until the 25th?

You won't see anything until time for the class to begin (or at least nearly then).
Lisa Baird

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
Finally! Mark tells me the scholarship winners for "Course Design for 'Real' Dogs" are: Rob Bardenett, Melanie Behrens, Amanda Nelson, Ben Gibbs, Mike Padgett, Ronda Bermke, Kimberly Ingraham, Katherine Leggett, Suzi Schmitz and Oksana Syrkin.

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »
Class will begin around 2 pm Friday. See you then!

(Posts will be available throughout class and beyond so no need to hurry home :)

Reg Dwyer

• Reg Dwyer
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 03:05:20 AM »
Hi Linda, as I am in Australia (significantly different time zone), I doubt that I will be active on the forum during the class, therefore I hope to be able to review the class at a later stage.
My apologies for this absence, but really looking forward to gaining knowledge and improving any skill that may still be retained.
Cheers
Reg
Reg Dwyer

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 08:41:37 AM »
No worries, everyone is scatttered across time zones. That time is just when to expect something to be posted (usually I post at 12:01 am the day class starts). The early material isn't likely to generate much discussion as it is background material that I have to be sure everyone knows before pressing forward. But regardless, anyone can comment at any time to contribute to discussions and you can review the material any time you like. There are no "live" sessions for you to miss out on.

Deb Brunner-Walker

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
Could someone check my registration status?  I see the PayPal charge but don’t see the course in the forum.  Should I have received a confirmation email?

Thanks
Deb Brunner-Walker

Linda Mecklenburg

• Administrator
  • Awesome Member
    • Awesome Paws
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »
You should have access. Let me check with Lisa.

Lisa Baird

• Administrator
    • Haleakala
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »
Could someone check my registration status?  I see the PayPal charge but don’t see the course in the forum.  Should I have received a confirmation email?

Thanks
Deb Brunner-Walker

You do have access to the class.  Under "Online Courses", look to the far right on the same bar where is says, "Unread Posts". You should see a minus (-) sign. If it is a plus (+) sign, you are actually hiding the classes. 
Lisa Baird